Tending the Talents
As part of Graduate & Diocesan Services, Tending the Talents is designed to support parish and diocesan leaders in their unique role in ministry. Centered on Jesus’ model of leadership, Tending the Talents strengthens the talents God has given each person so that he or she can be an even more effective Catholic leader.
Tending the Talents is designed specifically for parish and diocesan leaders who work with priest graduates of Good Leaders, Good Shepherds. The curriculum complements the primary leadership skills and practices that priests learn in Good Leaders, Good Shepherds, thereby enabling all leaders of the parish or diocese to share a common leadership culture.
Tending the Talents consists of eleven days of live classroom training plus online learning opportunities. Through Tending the Talents, participants will develop…
- A deeper understanding of and better appreciation for Jesus’ model of leadership.
- Vital, sustainable leadership skills designed for ministering in today’s church.
- Increased confidence and competence in ministry through greater clarity and alignment of roles and interpersonal skills.
- A supportive network of peers and colleagues in ministry who seek to instill a culture of leadership in a diocese.
It is our hope that by the end of the curriculum participants will feel more equipped to use their God given talents, ultimately increasing their sense of fulfillment and joy in ministry.
Tending the Talents is a blended learning curriculum in which participants will experience an integration of three types of learning:
- Online self-paced learning
- Classroom sessions
- Leadership applications with their pastor or supervisor to reinforce a culture of Catholic leadership
Over the course of a year and 11 days together in the classroom, Tending the Talents participants will develop the skills to successfully lead in the following areas.
Lead with Versatility
Align Your Role
Maintain Balance and Motivation in Ministry
Recruit, Engage, and Develop Others
Resolve Conflict and Solve Problems
Create and Lead Teams
Lead in a Healthy and Holy Faith Community