What is it?
This four-year experience will provide the pastor and his community with the opportunity to assess the parish’s greatest opportunities and strengths, develop a plan to move into the future with hope and cultivate a deeper missionary spirit throughout the community.
Phase 1: Prepare (4-6 months)
- Comprehensively assess the parish health, culture and effectiveness
Phase 2: Envision and Plan (6-9 months)
- Create a parish plan with priorities and goals
- Train and support priests, staff and parishioners in leadership and evangelization
Phase 3: Implement (24 months)
- Empower parishes to sustain and expand their pool of leaders
Phase 4: Assess, Learn and Grow (6-9 months)
- Measure impact, refine plans and celebrate successes
“Through this project, we have a wonderful opportunity to strengthen the Church and create a new generation of Catholics in our community, particularly the Spanish- speaking demographic. We seek to envision what we want our Church to be and then make that vision a reality.”
Rev. Tim Murphy, Diocese of Jackson
- Shared learning, professional development and practice skill buildingfor 30-40 leaders in one community.
- Improved communication system for the parish
- Creation and facilitation of a three-year Pastoral Plan
- Three years of coaching and on-site support for the pastor
- A deepening of the discipleship and missionary spirit of the parish